This Batt-Latch operates the same as the standard Batt-Latch, with the additional ability to be controlled with your mobile phone via SMS text messages.
Pre-programmed by the farmer, this timer can be used on any gate system, and is particularly suited to dairy farmers with feedpads or supplementary feeding.
In a paddock situation, the timer and a temporary gate replace the function of the normal gate. Attach the Batt-Latch to one post with its adjustable webbing strap and then hook the supplied spring gate or bungy cord to the latch cam, stretch it across and clip it to the other post, or wire fence. When the preset time is reached, the battery-powered internal motor/gearbox is activated by the timer, the cam turns 360˚ and the spring gate is released, enabling the stock to make their own way to the dairy, feedpad or other destination.
• Complete control of the Batt-Latch using your mobile phone, via SMS text messaging.
- Including: Release of the gate, Delay/Advance existing jobs, Setting/Clearing jobs, Status information, Notifications of releases
• These texts can come from any cell phone, or it can be set so the Batt-Latch will only respond to commands from the "master number."
• Each unit has a unique number, and can respond to confirm any commads issued by the user.
• Works on Telstra mobile network. ie Telstra mobile but also ALDImobile, Better Life Mobile, Boost Mobile, CMOBILE, Lycamobile,Telechoice, Think Mobile, Woolworths Connect
Batt-Latch General Features
Adaptable to all farming gate systems (pipe, tape, spring, bungy)
• Integrated solar panel eliminates downtime for charging, works year round worldwide.
• Tough all-weather, waterproof case for endurance in all conditions.
• Designed to operate with minimal power consumption and low sunlight.
• Full message display for fast referral to programmed release times.
• One-time easy setting of release times using keypad (up to 4 actions per day).
• Easily programmed to repeat your a.m. and p.m. releases every day of the week.
• New feature allows one-off releases to be set up to 2 weeks in advance.
• Supplied as full kit; long spring gate kit, post strap and energizer clip lead for instant use.
• New, comprehensive manual with helpful hints and tips included.
• 24 month warranty with rapid service guaranteed.
• When away from the farm and late for a milking, the Batt-Latch can be sent a text to delay its release (and will then restore itself to its previous release time if it is a recurring job).
• Reduces time and labour, lameness and herd stress, pugging, fuel and running costs.
• Releases cows to feedpad or dairy at any hour of the day or night.
• Also used for remote applications on runoffs, holding back the herd and break-feeding.
• Other applications have included feral deer capture and use with horses, drystock and sheep.
The Batt-Latch gate release timer is absolutely brilliant for dairy farms using feedpads or for those who regularly break feed supplements before or after milking. The Batt-Latch has a very low capital cost and no maintenance expenses, aside from topping up the SIM card on the modem version.
Using the Batt-Latch, you can allow the herd access to the feedpad at very early hours before even the most energetic farm worker would care to rise. It also suits medium to large farms and herds, and those with long raceways to the dairy.
Farmers with multiple herds often buy one or two Batt-Latches per herd, using units to 'hold back' after milking and ensuring all of the herd get a chance at new grass.
You can also expect stress reduction in the herd, as they travel to feed at their own pace. Some farmers have reported reduced hoof damage when using the Batt-Latch, and this lines up with the new research findings on the causes of lameness. Farm bike running costs will be reduced, and you may find reduced farm vehicle accidents and mechanical damage as they're used less. In winter, careful use of the release times save on pugging damage to pasture. Some intrepid farmers have taken to the Batt-Latch for use on their runoffs, and often buy multiple units to stagger gate releases over several days. They now treat the units as essential tools in running their farms, as do our dairy farmer customers.